Surprising Benefits of Dried Apricots - How Many to Eat in a Day?
Dried apricots are a popular snack and ingredient in cooking and baking. The fresh apricots have been dried through natural sun-drying or using dehydrators to remove the water content from the fruit. Dried apricots are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including vitamin A, potassium, and iron. They can be eaten on their own as a snack or used in a variety of dishes, such as trail mix, granola bars, salads, stews, and baked goods.
Surprising Benefits of Dried Apricots:
Dried apricots are a delicious and healthy snack that can provide numerous benefits to your health such as:
- Rich in Nutrients: Dried apricots are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium, and iron. They also contain fiber and antioxidants.
- Aid Digestion: Dried apricots are high in dietary fiber, which can help prevent constipation and promote regular bowel movements. They also contain sorbitol, a natural laxative, which can help relieve constipation.
- Boost Immunity: Dried apricots contain vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin A helps to produce white blood cells, which are important for fighting infections and diseases.
- Prevent Anemia: Dried apricots are a good source of iron, which is essential for the production of red blood cells. Iron deficiency can lead to anemia.
- Promote Bone Health: Dried apricots contain calcium, which is important for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
- Regulate Blood Pressure: Dried apricots are high in potassium, which can counteract the products of sodium and help regulate blood pressure.
- Improve Skin Health: Dried apricots contain vitamin E, which prevent oxidative damage, which can lead to premature aging and skin cancer.
How Many Dried Apricots to Eat in a Day?
The recommended serving size of dried apricots depends on various factors, including age, gender, and activity level. However, in general, it is recommended to consume dried apricots in moderation as they are high in natural sugars and calories. The reasonable portion size for dried apricots is around 1/4 cup or about 30 grams, which contains approximately 78 calories, 1.5 grams of fiber, and 15 grams of natural sugar. Eating a few dried apricots as a snack or adding them to your meals as a sweetener is a healthy way to incorporate them into your diet. However, it is essential to keep in mind that overeating dried fruits can lead to excessive calorie intake and increase the risk of weight gain and other health issues. Therefore, it is best to consult with a reputed dietitian or healthcare provider to determine the appropriate serving size of dried apricots that fits your dietary needs and goals
If you are looking for high-quality nuts and dried fruits, visit Tavazo.us today! They offer a wide selection of premium products that are both delicious and nutritious. With fast and reliable shipping, you can enjoy your favorite snacks in no time. Don't wait any longer - place your order now and taste the difference!